Do i need my ex boyfriend to sign also to have me removed from a condo deed, also if i decide not to remove my name from the

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

deed how much at risk is my name in i did call the mortgage company and they said i have no issue with the mortgage because i am not on the note, but now do i just surrender my rights and remove my name from deed or do i have an monetary rights towards it or is it worth it and just remove my name and can you explain to me if i did leave my name on deed how much responsibilities and problems can i have if he doesn't pay his mortgage which it includes his taxes and home owners association maintenance monthly fees, should i just throw in the towel and sign away and how do i do this

1. Dennis Michael Phillips

1

Answered . If you are not on the note and mortgage, then you could quit claim your interest to your ex and walk away. If there is equity in the property, then you might be better off selling your interest to your ex or to someone that he would want to co-own the property with. If you could actually find your own buyer, you could sell your share; but it would be pretty unlikely that anyone would want to buy into a property with a stranger/owner living in it.

2. Carol Anne Johnson

Answered . Isn't this the third time you have asked this question today?? You really should hire an attorney since this forum does not have sufficient information from the wording of your questions to properly advise you on this matter.

3. Marshall C Deason Jr.

Pro

Answered . You can deed your interest to your boyfriend. However, there are some concerns with doing that. You should consult an experienced real estate lawyer in your area.