Skip to main content

Do I need local police clearances when filing AOS application packet based in marriage to US Citizen?

Westport, CT |

I am not taking advantage of 245i and not required to file supplement form to I-485.Thank you.

Attorney Answers 3


no; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


The instructions to the I-485 address this question in point six under initial evidence.

An excellent immigration attorney should be consulted before filing any applications/petitions with USCIS.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Read the instructions carefully and see if there are any that apply to your situation. You will need certificates of dispositions if you had criminal convictions..

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Mark as helpful

5 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics