Skip to main content

Do I need lawyer

Chandler, AZ |

My wife broke her ankle on 15th in front of house on the property where we rented. it was sprinkler caused black ice. she has to go through surgery fixing metal plates and screws. She needs home care for next 3 months. There is already liability claims department contacted but they are still doing their investigation. Not sure what is that means.

Attorney Answers 10

  1. Absolutely and without further hesitation, contact local and qualified personal injury litigation attorney asap. Major injury; I know first hand. Stop speaking with claims!

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  2. I am sorry to hear about your wife's injury. Do not talk to the liability claims adjuster until you have consulted with a competent injury attorney. From the facts you provided, your wife appears to have suffered damages including past and future medical bills, past and future lost wages, as well as general damages (pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life). I encourage you to make an appointment this week to discuss damages more fully, as well as the potential liability of your landlord. There are several qualified local injury attorneys on Good luck.

  3. This occurred on property you were renting?
    We have had a few questions from Arizona on this issue recently.
    While I must defer to my Arizona collegues, it is my understanding from their prior answers that you may not have a claim.
    As always, use the Find A Lawyer Tab, or conult with one of the Arizona lawyers who help answer your question.
    I hope you wife enjoys a full recovery.

  4. I am very sorry to hear about your wife's injury. I hope she will recover fast and well. I would strongly suggest you retain a personal injury attorney. Your wife has suffered significant damage as a result of the sprinkler. I would also caution you not to speak with anyone from the liability insurance carrier until you have spoken with an attorney. Keep in mind, the insurance company is not on your side. Their main job is to find a way to compensate your wife as little as possible, or not at all. Insurance companies tend to take advantage of unrepresented injured people. Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations. I am happy to be of further assistance if you need. Good luck to you.

  5. Sorry to hear about this injury. It is always a good idea to have a lawyer represent your interests. Also I would not allow your wife to give any recorded statements. There are many complexities to a personal injury claim and a well qualified attorney will make sure that every thing is handled properly and that you and your wife can concentrate on her health and getting better.

  6. When liability arises out of the condition of premises it is important to get your OWM investigation done quickly, before conditions are substantially changed or repairs are made. An attorney can help you with that.

  7. Your wife has suffered a significant injury and I hope the best for her. I believe you do need a competent injury attorney and suggest that you retain one before having any dealings with the liability investigations. The goal of anyone who may be responsible for your wife's injuries is to minimize or eliminate their own culpability while blaming your wife or you for the injuries. Make the culpable parties deal with your lawyer. Best of luck to both of you and a successful recovery for your wife.

    Clarke Law Offices is a Phoenix based firm for Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Professional Negligence. Due to the limited information available in formulating an answer to your question, the above answer is not intended as legal advice. For specific advice on your situation you should consult an attorney. Many firms, including ours, offer a free consultation. 602.952.3232 |

  8. Never try to resolve a personal injury claim without a lawyer, as you will get either #1. no money or #2. a tiny nuisance settlement. Retain a personal injury lawyer to deal with them directly. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so your wife is left with the lion's share of the settlement, not the lawyer. Good luck to you.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  9. As others have said, speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer in your area as soon as possible. Most do not charge a fee unless you recover a settlement and can determine if you have a case worth pursuing. Hope this helps!

    The information provided here is not intended to provide legal advice on any subject nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Actual resolution of legal issues depends upon many factors, including variations of facts and applicable laws. The response is provided for informational purposes only.

  10. Slip and fall accidents can be complex. Many times evidence is destroyed that is important to a slip and fall case. It is important to have pictures of the scene and have the area investigated. Many of these claims are denied by the insurance company so it is important to understand your rights. In this particular case it is likely that your statute of limitations will be two years, but if the injury occurred on the sidewalk, it could be that the city is at fault. If the city of a government entity is at fault you only have 180 days to file a notice of claim and then one year to file a lawsuit. As you can see, there are some complex issues potentially involved. It is always a good idea to speak to an experienced lawyer who can let you know your options so you can decide what is the best way to handle the claim.

    What lawyers have to say: Any answers to questions are not to be considered legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics