Do I need experience certificate to file H1B or relieving certificate from ex-employer will do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Indio, CA

I have got only the relieving certificate that I was working with the company x from this date to this date and my designation in the certificate. Will this do for filing a H1 or do I need to get an experience certificate as well?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult with the company's lawyer, or one of your choosing who can review this document.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  2. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Most H-1B petitions are filed by immigration attorneys on behalf of the employing company. Seek their advise or consult with a competent immigration attorney of your choice towards the requirement for documents to be submitted with the company's petition.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  3. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Check with the attorney for your company. Alternatively, contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You must be talking about some document that is issued in your home country ... we don't use this type of certificate in the US.

    Talk to the company's immigration lawyer.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,299 answers this week

3,209 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,299 answers this week

3,209 attorneys answering