Do I need experience certificate to file H1B or relieving certificate from ex-employer will do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indio, CA

I have got only the relieving certificate that I was working with the company x from this date to this date and my designation in the certificate. Will this do for filing a H1 or do I need to get an experience certificate as well?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . Consult with the company's lawyer, or one of your choosing who can review this document.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Most H-1B petitions are filed by immigration attorneys on behalf of the employing company. Seek their advise or consult with a competent immigration attorney of your choice towards the requirement for documents to be submitted with the company's petition.

3. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . Check with the attorney for your company. Alternatively, contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . You must be talking about some document that is issued in your home country ... we don't use this type of certificate in the US.

Talk to the company's immigration lawyer.