Do I need another sponsor for the I-864

Asked over 1 year ago - Sierra Vista, AZ

Do I need a Joint sponsor? I have 4 dependents and I only make 22,000 a year. My husband who i'm applying works in mexico so we could not put his income. What do I do? who do I ask for a sponsor?
The NVC are very rude when you call them for questions....

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your income is not sufficient, you need a joint sponsor.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, you do require a Co-Sponsor.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, it looks like your income will not meet the minimum requirements for a family of that size. Please consult with an immigration attorney for further guidance.

Related Topics

Sponsoring an immigrant

Petitioning for, or sponsoring, an immigrant allows you to help a relative immigrate to the United States, if certain conditions are met.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,001 answers this week

2,933 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,001 answers this week

2,933 attorneys answering