Do i need an immigration attorney

Asked over 1 year ago - Scranton, PA

I have an F1 visa and i didnt find a school that accept me for the spring session and i am planning to make a surgery my left hip .. can i stay in th US while i have a medical case excuse

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

Answered . Unfortunately not of you are in violation of your F-1 status by having failed to attend the school which issued you the I-20 with which you were able to obtain an F-1 visa.

Urgently consult with an immigration lawyer in your area to see if he/she can help you file for a change of status to B-2 to remain to undergo surgery.

2. William John Vandenberg

Pro

4

Answered . Your question isn't very clear. If you never went to school after coming to the USA, then you absolutely need to immediately see a good immigration attorney to try to find a solution. However, if you have until recently been attending classes, have you talked to your school DSO to see if they can help you? In cases such as depression, childbirth, and serious injury the DSO Can authorize a break.

You certainly should go see a good immigration, though, in any event. Once you fall out of status by dropping out of school your options narrow considerably and ICE may seek to detain you, depending on your country of origin and how active ICE is in your area.

Good luck!

John

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . Call an immigration attorney and have a consultation asap