Do i need an immigration attorney?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Spokane, WA

i was asked to interpret for a friend for an appointment with a provation officer. the appointment was to obtain an ankle bra e for home monitoring program. The probation officer informed my friend he was being detained as She received a verbal ICE hold. on him. he was not in custody. my friend was signing up for the home monitor program for a DUI. is there a possibility my firned can get bailed out and avoid the ICE hol?

he is illigal. no

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . There is a possibility that ICE will set a bail, but it depends on various factors including what your friend's immigration status is. Is he a green card holder, or does he have a temporary visa?

Please see

2. Pablo Husayn Nossa

1

Answered . Do you need an immigration attorney? Not from the facts presented. However, your friend probably does. Pay the bail and the ice hold will still be there.

3. C. C. Abbott

1

Answered . He needs to retain an experienced immigration attorney who can examine his complete immigration and criminal history to provide a legal opinion as to what relief he may be able to obtain based on current immigration law. Your facts would appear he is being detained for the ICE hold so there is no way to avoid it. Good luck.

4. Sean Lewis

1

Answered . Your friend needs an experienced immigration attorney. Once he pays the crimimal bond or is releasable from those charges, ICE will probably pick him up. ..