Do I need an immigration attorney?

Mcminnville, OR |

I have 2 brothers who were deported about 3 or 4 years ago. They had drug related felonies on there record.we are in the process of trying to expunge the felonies. We have good chances of being able to. So my real question is. Once they have a clean record can they get there green card back? If so what is the process?prior to being deported they both had their residents card for over 20 years. Is there a chance they can come back to the US? Thanks for looking :)

1. No. Unless the charge was for possession of less than 30 grams of cannabis nothing short of re opening the case and a new final disposition or a pardon is going to matter to immigration. Having the case expunged will not mean that they have a clean record. They will not get their green cards back.

2. Expungement does not help in immigraiton context. You do need an immigraiton lawyer and much sooner than you think.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. Expungements will not make their records clean for immigration purposes.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. No. I agree with my colleagues. Expungement does not work for immigration purposes.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.