Do I need an immigration attorney?

City Of Industry, CA |

I filed one I130 for my wife and 1year old son. Do I need to file a separate form for my son or not since he is already a U.S citizen being that I'm a U.S Citizen?

Yes. You need an attorney. You have to register his birth with the consulate first.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If your son was born in the U.S., you don't need to do anything more. If he was born overseas, you need to hire a lawyer to help you get your son certification as a US citizen.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Hello:

It is unclear where your son was born. If inside the U.S., then nothing must be done. Otherwise, you must complete and get the Certificate of Citizenship.

Regards,

Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law

We have 3 offices over the State of California and an international office in the Philippines. We do 100% Immigration Law, have done nearly 5000 cases and can help you. Should you want an in depth consultation, please schedule one at blerner.checkappointments.com or call 562-495-0554 or e-mail me directly at blerner@californiaimmigration.us