Do I need an immigration attorney?

Asked over 1 year ago - City Of Industry, CA

I filed one I130 for my wife and 1year old son. Do I need to file a separate form for my son or not since he is already a U.S citizen being that I'm a U.S Citizen?

1. Andrew Marino Bramante

8

Answered . If your son was born in the U.S., you don't need to do anything more. If he was born overseas, you need to hire a lawyer to help you get your son certification as a US citizen.

2. Brian David Lerner

Pro

6

Answered . Hello:

It is unclear where your son was born. If inside the U.S., then nothing must be done. Otherwise, you must complete and get the Certificate of Citizenship.

Regards,

Brian D. Lerner
    Attorney at Law

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Yes. You need an attorney. You have to register his birth with the consulate first.