Do i need an I-601 when I go to my next interview date at the consulate in Juarez?

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

My husband has his second interview date in juarez and the consulate informed him he needed at I-601. Our lawyers office on the other hand says we dont. They say we just need two waivers. I am confused as to what I should do. For the first appointment my husband had to get additional papers that our lawyer didnt give us. What should I do to be prepared?

1. Peter Lunt Ashman

2

Answered . An I-601 is the form for the waiver(s). I'm not sure why your lawyers would tell you that you didn't need an I-601, but you do need two waivers. I think this is an attorney/client communication snafu. Go back to your lawyer and try to get them to explain better.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

2

Answered . It is impossible to say for sure from what you posted but you may want to speak with another attorney. It is probable that you do need a 601 waiver.
    Best Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

3. Christian Schmidt

2

Answered . What kind of waiver he needs depends on why he is inadmissible. If both grounds fall under categories that are filed on Form I-601, he needs only one application for both grounds. He needs two applications if one is covered by Form I-601 and another one by Form I-212. I suggest that you ask your lawyer to explain to you why the waiver is needed and what application form applies for each ground.

4. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

1

Answered . Get an appointment with your lawyer asap. He/she owes you a duty. He/she should explain his position (strategy) to you in a clear fashion.
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry

5. Robert West

1

Answered . Perhaps you should get a second opinion to see what is really needed here. The cost should be nominal and it can give you some peace of mind.