Do I need an employment lawyer

Asked almost 5 years ago - West Milford, NJ

I have a new manager and feel intimitated by him - I work in a maintenance and I'm the adminstrative part of the department. We have had several confrontations and he has gotten very angry told me to get out of his face and leave him alone. He was brought in to bring our dept together as a team and he has singled out only three men who he works with and gives them what ever they want and ignors myself and the 5 remaining people in my dept. After weeks of not getting along he had our dept head write me up explaining if I did not meet the manager's criteria I would be put on an employee improvement plan and if I did not live up to the manager's expectations I would be fired I went to my HR dept who said they found nothing wrong with his behavior but I beleive he's trying to get rid of me

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jon L Gelman

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . From the facts that you present the situation probably would have difficulty arising to a hostile work environment claim. It sounds like poor managerial skills by your supervisor and one that should be looked at by his/her superiors. If you have an employment contract and/or a union these elements should be reviewed by an attorney who deals with labor law contracts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,565 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,565 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering