Do I need an attorney who specialized CSEA / Labor Union / State Employees? Why is it so difficult to find an attorney?

La Habra, CA |

I was new-ish state employee still on probation and trying to keep a decent job with the State (CA) that was 35 miles away from my home that I could not leave. After about 5 months of this - I couldn't take anymore, and my back which I have issues with began to preclude me from making the commute. I took some time off and went on SDI. Each month I would bring in an extension from doc / they would state take as much time off as you need. Yeah right - in August of 2008 aka 8 months later. I receive a special delivery which states that I am fired for things I did before I left. Nothing nefarious nor concealed, or recently uncovered. Total BS they pulled out of their hat. After a DFEH investigation I was issued a right to sue letter dated 031710. What should I do now? What recourse do I have?

1. You should speak with an attorney who has experience with these issues. The California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) maintains a database of such lawyers on its web site, www.cela.org. You can go to the web site and search for an attorney in your area. You also can call your local bar association for a referral.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.