Do I need an attorney to transfer CA property to myself? Or, is it something I can do myself in Court with relative ease?

Asked 5 months ago - Wofford Heights, CA

My Dad lived alone in AZ, had no will that I know of, had no other assets, or heirs. The property has no house on it, just a few 8x10 sheds. Approx property value $30k

1. Kelvin P. Green

4

Answered . You need to discuss this with an Arizona attorney. I assumed he died in AZ so Arixona law will apply.

2. Boris Kayhan

Pro

3

1

Answered . If there was no will, intestate succession rules apply. You need to go see an AZ Wills&Estate attorney or contact the local AZ court. Before you do all of that, however, make sure that you are certain there is no will.

3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

3

Answered . This answer to how easy this will be will depend upon how title to the real property in Arizona is held. Most likely, you'll need an Arizona probate attorney for this. It is not likely you will be able to do this yourself.

4. Christine James

Pro

2

1

Answered . It sounds like your dad lived in AZ but OWNED PROPERTY IN CA. If that is the case, you can use a summary probate proceeding in CA to transfer the property to you as sole heir. See the attached form and submit it to the court with Form No. DE-315 and you can transfer the property to yourself.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/de310.pdf

5. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

3

Answered . I would hire an attorney in AZ to do it for you. You can do it yourself, but mistakes are very easy to make