Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney to represent me during my fact finding interview with the WI Department of Workforce Development?

Mount Horeb, WI |

I received a letter informing me that I have a fact finding interview with the DWD of WI. The interview pertains to a possible overpayment . Over the duration of a few weeks, my employer made errors on my paycheck. The amount I claimed was more than the amount i earned in those weeks. I waited for a notice of underpayment of benefits which never came. Fearing negative consequences from my employer, I did not want to report it to the DWD. I tried to fix the problem on my but confused my numbers in doing so. If there is an overpayment, I am completely willing to repay it. I am extremely concerned that I may be charged with Unemployment fraud...

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If you are concerned then you should call a few employment law attorneys. They can tell you if they can help you.

  2. You don't "need" one but it is best to have one present to assist you but as Atty Zales suggested, call some lawyers who handled unemployment matters to discuss.