Do I need an attorney to represent me during my fact finding interview with the WI Department of Workforce Development?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mount Horeb, WI

I received a letter informing me that I have a fact finding interview with the DWD of WI. The interview pertains to a possible overpayment . Over the duration of a few weeks, my employer made errors on my paycheck. The amount I claimed was more than the amount i earned in those weeks. I waited for a notice of underpayment of benefits which never came. Fearing negative consequences from my employer, I did not want to report it to the DWD. I tried to fix the problem on my but confused my numbers in doing so. If there is an overpayment, I am completely willing to repay it. I am extremely concerned that I may be charged with Unemployment fraud...

1. Nicholas C. Zales

1

Answered . If you are concerned then you should call a few employment law attorneys. They can tell you if they can help you.

2. Randy T. Enochs

Answered . You don't "need" one but it is best to have one present to assist you but as Atty Zales suggested, call some lawyers who handled unemployment matters to discuss.