Do I need an attorney to help me if my wages are being garnished from a previous judgement and my family is under poverty.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I had to go to mediation about 7 years ago about a vehicle that was voluntarily reposessed

1. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

3

Answered . There is no harm seeing a consumer protection attorney. Just because there is a judgment against you does not mean that there are no rules in the way a judgment can be collected. The consumer protection attorney can screen to see if the judgment is being collected within the parameters of the Law. A lot of the time collection firms will violate statutes like the FDCPA and you may actually have a claim and not know it. Should you have such a claim, you can use that as leverage to perhaps try to erase or reduce the judgment against you

2. John Arthur Smitten

1

Answered . You can file documents to stop the garnishment if you are head of household and have dependents. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

3. Carl H Starrett II

1

Answered . Another option would be to consult a bankruptcy attorney to get rid of this and any other debts permanently.

Trying to handle legal issues on your own is like changing the oil on your car. Some can do it themselves, some cannot. Those that cannot take it to a specialist to get the oil changed. Some that can still take to a professional to make sure it gets done correctly. Some can do it as good as the professional.

4. Gary D. Bollinger

1

Answered . DIY exemptions forms are possible.