Skip to main content

Do I need an Attorney to help me fight a judgement against me for something that I did not do but my ex-boyfriend did?

Middletown, OH |

My ex-boyfriend stole my car and was in an accident, I went to the prosecuting attorney and he would not let me press charges on him, now the people he hit are suing me and I wasn't even in the car, their attorney put a judgment against me and now I can't even get tags or my license's renewed. He the ex-boyfriend was charged with everything, I talked to the police officer that took the report and he told me my ex was charged with everything. What should I do? Should I see an attorney to help me or is this a lost cause?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


See an attorney immediately.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer