Skip to main content

Do i need an attorney to go after someone for defamation of charcter?

Wilkes Barre, PA |

I am being accused of downloading child porn off of a computer that was sold to me by a former friend and he is also accusing me of touching little boys. This has affected the relationship between my sons mother since she has found out and wont allow me to be with my son alone due to these claims

Attorney Answers 3


You do not NEED an attorney, but it would help. Crucially, you do need provable, tangible economical damages and/or medical treatment. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Have a lawyer in Wilkes Barre send a cease and desist letter.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


My colleagues have it right. Follow their advise.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics