Do I need an attorney to get the custody of my son, please help he is being abused?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bridgeport, CT

I am not sure where to start but there are a lot of different things to this story. First off I am the father of an 11 year old that is being abused by his step father. I live in CT and he is with his mother in MA. I have contacted the police in MA as well as DCF. I went to her home the other day to pick up my son for my 2 week visitation rights and she put a restraining order on me that I can not see him. I have to go to court and I have pictures and recording of the child stating that he has been abused by the step father, but the child is so scared to tell the truth because the mother has drilled into his head that everything that has happened was his own fault and that if he ever told anyone that he would go to jail. We have joint custody of the child and I want sole custody HELP

1. Tanya Marie Bachand

5

Answered . Yes you should hire an attorney to help you through this process. DCF will conduct an investigation as well and issue a report, which you can bring to court with you for a custody hearing.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Leslie Ann Silva

4

Answered . If the primary custody is in MA, you will likely need to take action there and not in CT.