Do I need an attorney to expunge a class b marijuana possesion misdemeanor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaumont, TX

Caught with less than 2 ozs in different bags while driving, I did some work for the d.a. they said they called me and i didnt answer,which I was unaware of, so they put out a warrant and charged me with possession.

1. M Elizabeth Foley

5

Answered . Unless you've left a lot of the steps out of this, I don't think you need to worry about an expunction just yet. It sounds like you're saying that you've got a warrant out in you at the moment, and if that's the case, you need to find a good criminal defense attorney who can help you with your case and make arrangements for you to turn yourself in and make bond. An expunction would only be a possibility if down the road your case ended up getting dismissed or you went to trial and got acquitted.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . Expunction isn't an option until a case is either dismissed or acquitted at trial. What you need right now is a defense attorney to try to reach the first goal.

3. Richard Timothy Jones

3

Answered . If you have a warrant for your marijuana case you need to take care of that first. Many prosecutors will file a separate charge of failure to appear. You need to hire an attorney to help resolve your charges.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    512-495-1813
    Austin Marijuana Lawyer

4. William Kevin Hodges

4

Answered . I agree with Ms. Fooley. It sounds like you are still actively involved with the court process. If that is the case then finish the process and worry about the charge being expunged later.