Do I need an attorney if I was hit by a drunk driver and he was not given a breathlyzer or soboriety test? Please read...

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My family was stopped at a red light - the (drunk) driver was on the other side of the road, came under a bridge, went up on the embankment, came back down going very fast (speed limit 40 tops in the area) went threw an intersection crossing multiple lanes of traffic, jumped the median curb, hit a sign (which hit the truck in front of us - also stopped) then went airborne crashing into the drivers side front quarter panel of our suv. My husband (driver) is suffering neck stiffness, while I (passenger) have a broken ankle. Both of my boys seem ok. Whiteness told me the man stepped out of his car and threw a 40oz beer bottle down and made remarks about how he was drunk and asked where he and his car was. If he wasn't given a breathlyzer how do I go about fighting this man for what could've..

Pro

20

Answered . You need a personal injury attorney. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. You may read about ankle injuries on my website. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Brian Augustus Beckcom

Pro

18

Answered . Yes, you probably Ned an attorney.

3. Marc Christopher Lenahan

Pro

18

Answered . Yes, you need an attorney. Look over the reviews if DFW injury lawyers, and interview those of us who might be a fit.

Marc

••••• Sent Mobile •••••

Marc C. Lenahan
    Lenahan Law, P.L.L.C.
    SevereInjuryLawFirm.com
    DallasSevereInjuryLawyer.com

214•295•1008
    214•295•2664 fax
    888•482•2820 toll-free

2655 Villa Creek, Suite 204
    Dallas, Texas 75235
    Law@Lenahan.com

President-Elect,
    National Crime Victim Bar Association

Vice President,
    Texas Brain Injury Alliance
    (formerly Brain Injury Association of Texas)

4. Timothy J. O'Hare

17

1

Answered . I'm terribly sorry this happened. You should absolutely hire a lawyer. We've been helping victims of drunk driving accidents in North Texas for almost two decades and would be happy to help you through the process, but encourage you to hire a lawyer whether you hire us or not.

You are welcome to call my cell today if you'd like to speak with me. The consultation is free. 214-724-7001.

5. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

14

Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You absolutely need to hire a lawyer to represent you and protect your best interests.

6. Aaron Moishe Mutnick

8

Answered . The most important thing is to make sure that you and your family receive appropriate medical treatment. The next thing to do is get a copy of the police report and go visit with a personal injury attorney. While there might not have been a breathalyzer there may be other evidence that can show that this other driver was taking needless risks by driving impaired.

7. Robert Haslam

7

Answered . Yes I would hire an attorney. There are many ways to prove he was intoxicated. I recommend that you do it quickly so the scene can be photographed and crucial evidence is fresh and preserved-
    By hiring an attorney you can focus on recovering from your injuries and take care of your family.
    I would recommend a board certified personal injury attorney.

8. Daryl L. Derryberry

7

Answered . I am sorry to hear about this horrible experience. We have represented numerous victims of drunk drivers in civil cases over the last 21 years. We currently represent a man and his 14 year old son who were hit by a drunk driver in Dallas County. You definitely need to retain an attorney who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization to investigate and pursue the negligent drunk driver for any injuries you and your family. Our website link is below and provides you with information about our firm. We would be happy to talk to you. Thanks and have a great day.

9. Haroen Calehr

Pro

6

Answered . Most important thing is to seek immediate medical attention for you and your husband and just to be on the safe side, have your boys checked out by their pediatrician without any gaps in treatment which will be exploited by the third party insurance company of the drunk driver. Did the police come out and issue a police report? Did the other driver get arrested? Did you retain any witness statements of contact info who will repeat what they saw immediately post accident as you describe above? Did he have insurance coverage? Do you and your husband have uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) and PIP-Personally Injury Protection as additional riders (additions on your insurance policy)? Lots of questions. Call a PI attorney, either my self but preferably a competent PI attorney in your Dallas/FT Worth Metro area to help you guys. Good luck, hope you'all get well soon.