Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney for Sexual Harassment? Can you suggest a referral if so?

Boston, MA |

My supervisor's erect penis (in his pants) was placed against my shoulder, twice after I emailed him to save it for his wife.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You should contact an attorney in Mass.

  2. Contact me right away and I will assist you with that case. (617) 725-2675 Joseph K. Chancellor

    Also, you should not discuss this matter with anyone else until you have an attorney working with you.

  3. All employment sexual harassment cases must be filed with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) within 300 days of the last incident of harassment. The MCAD tries to make itself "user-friendly" for those without lawyers, but a lawyer can be helpful, particularly because your employer is likely to be represented by a lawyer. Whether your case will be successful depends on a number of factors, including the number of employees at your company, what other conduct may have occurred besides the incidents you mention, and the extent of your damages as a result of the harm. You should contact a lawyer in Massachusetts who specializes in employment sexual harassment cases and who appears regularly before the MCAD to get a more in-depth perspective on your potential claims. Lawyers who specialize in this field are more familiar not only with the law of sexual harassment, but also with the emotional dynamics of sexual harassment in the workplace. I handle these kinds of cases all the time and would be happy to speak with you. Please also feel free to visit my firm's website, for further information about workplace sexual harassment.

  4. No attorney is required, but attorneys can be helpful. If you cannot otherwise find an attorney, contact the lawyer referral services of the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association.

    Jay M. Wolman
    Jay M. Wolman, Esq.
    D'Angelo & Hashem, LLC
    6 Beacon St., Suite 505
    Boston, MA 02108
    (617) 624-9777 (ph)
    (617) 624-0999 (fax)
    Admitted to practice in MA, NY & DC

    The information presented in this response is not intended to form an attorney-client relationship nor is the colloquy protected by an attorney-client privilege or work-product rule. The answer provided is based solely on the minimal facts presented in the inquiry and represents only a preliminary and hypothetical response and analysis. It is not to be considered as legal advice and is for information purposes only. If you wish specific legal advice and recommendations about your particular situation, contact an attorney to schedule a consultation. This is not intended to constitute legal advertising or solicitation, but rather to educate.