Do I need an attorney for knowingly allowing unauthorizd (suspended) driver? If not I was recommended to take withhold if offerd

Help. Dont know what to do. Or plead etc

Fort Lauderdale, FL -

Robert David Malove

Robert David Malove

Criminal Defense Attorney - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I think it is best practices to recommend that anyone charged with a criminal offense have qualified legal counsel represent them in court to make sure explore all options are thoroughly explored More often than not, an experienced attorney will be able to negotiate a more favorable outcome than someone who is unrepresented. Not being adjudicated guilty may not necessarily be the best outcome. For example, if the stop was illegal, the case could be thrown out of court.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Family Law Attorney - Winter Park, FL

It is always a good idea to have an attorney in a criminal case especially. What if something occurred that you don't know about while that person was driving with a suspended license - you might ultimately have additional liability under civil law for those actions. You at least owe it to yourself to go talk to a criminal defense attorney about your situation.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
Colleen M. Glenn

Colleen M. Glenn

Criminal Defense Attorney - Bradenton, FL

You should not enter a plea without consulting with attorney, whether it is private counsel or a public defender.

Always consult with an attorney. Although you are charge with a significantly minor offense.

Joshua Eli Adams

Joshua Eli Adams

Criminal Defense Attorney - Orlando, FL

This is a criminal charge and if you plea you will have a criminal history. That is more important to some people than others. I don't recommend you plea to a criminal charge without the counsel of an attorney.

Paul J Knudsen

Paul J Knudsen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Tampa, FL

Always hire an attorney for criminal charges. Even the most mundane, unassuming criminal traffic citations will adversely affect your future in unforeseen ways. A good lawyer will apprise you of these consequences and hopefully be able find a way to circumvent them.