Do I need an attorney, if I'm a Special Ed. teacher?

Selma, AL |

I was not going to return. Now, several positions came available and now I would like to stay. They are saying since I said I will not return, I can not change my mind.

1. This is a labor / employment law question and has been re-tagged as such. One may wish to be prepared to answer whether this is occuring in a private school or public school as well as whether the asker belongs to a union.

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at TBKotler@sbcglobal.net or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

2. I agree with previous statement that this is not an "Education" question, but rather an employment/labor law issue. It didn't appear to be retagged (which will allow attorneys in Employment law area to see your question), so I retagged it on your behalf. The fact that you are a special education teacher doesn't really matter in the context of education law versus employment/labor law...it's still more properly designated an employment/labor law question.

I wish you well!

Note: I am not licensed to practice law in your state. I provide this response for general, information purposes only. This is not to be construed as legal advice. Consult appropriate legal counsel in your area.

Education law topics