Do I need an attorney, if I'm a Special Ed. teacher?

Asked over 2 years ago - Selma, AL

I was not going to return. Now, several positions came available and now I would like to stay. They are saying since I said I will not return, I can not change my mind.

1. Lana Lea Traynor

2

Answered . I agree with previous statement that this is not an "Education" question, but rather an employment/labor law issue. It didn't appear to be retagged (which will allow attorneys in Employment law area to see your question), so I retagged it on your behalf. The fact that you are a special education teacher doesn't really matter in the context of education law versus employment/labor law...it's still more properly designated an employment/labor law question.

I wish you well!

2. Todd Bruce Kotler

1

Answered . This is a labor / employment law question and has been re-tagged as such. One may wish to be prepared to answer whether this is occuring in a private school or public school as well as whether the asker belongs to a union.