Do I need an attorney?

Atlanta, GA |

I have had mixed advice as though I could possibly settle claim on my own. I was rear-ended by a small pick up truck at a yield sign full speed. My daughter 3 was in backseat, cousin 12 was in front seat. Both been claiming of pains in which I have taken them to the doctor. Myself the driver have been having alot of back and neck pains. My dr referred me out to a chiropactor . I do not have health insurance or med pay I did have full coverage insurance. I filed claim through my insurance and my car is being repaired as we speak by my insurance . I have been having these painful headaches that I never felt ever. Should I seek counsel ? The at fault driver was ticketed for following too close behind.

Yes, seek counsel. The sooner the better. Not only are you injured but children are as well. Call local and qualified attorneys. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Not to sound trite, but have you heard the expression that lawyer that represents himself has a fool for a client? There isn’t even a saying for how foolish it is to represent yourself when you aren’t a lawyer. This is because the rules of procedure and evidence are complex and even with the best case, unless you know how to apply the rules, you are at a huge disadvantage. Insurance companies know this and are not very likely to give you anything even close to a fair offer if you try to settle by yourself. Many times, injury victims have tried to do it themselves only to find that they need a lawyer… by that time a lot of damage has typically been done. So in short… get a local lawyer that has experience in personal injury lawsuits.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

The simple answer to your question is that you should seek counsel. There are a number of qualified attorneys in the Atlanta area. While a chiropractor may help alleviate some of the problems, there are limitations as to the type of care that can be provided by a chiropractor. You should seek additional therapy through the chiropractor or a therapist AND also see a specialist (neurologist or orthopedist) for follow up care. At least, set up an appointment to consult with an attorney so you understand your rights and the "Do's" and "Don'ts" as to these matters.

Yes. You should also seek further evaluation and treatment with an MD.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

If you need health care but don't have insurance I may be able to help. I
have an extensive network of medical providers who treat my clients. These
medical professionals treat my clients and agree to be paid once my client
recovers in his or her lawsuit Please contact me at the number below.

Regards,

Aaron Marks
404-939-1485
--
Aaron Marks, Esq.
The Marks Law Group, LLC
103 W. Dearborn Circle
Decatur, GA 30030
www.markslawgroup.com
aaron@ markslawgroup.com
404-939-1485 (ph)
404-581-5902 (fx)
>

From your description of the accident it sounds like this could be serious. I would definitely seek counsel regarding this matter and would advise you to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. What can sometimes seem like a modest injury can develop into something much more serious. The other driver's insurance company will look for any reason not to pay you full value for what and your family have been through. You need an experienced lawyer on your side to advise you of your rights. My firm has a great deal of experience in handling these matters and would be happy to discuss this with you further.

You should at least consult with a personal injury attorney before resolving your claim. Many attorneys will provide advice over the phone.

Most (like 99.9% of the time) times you will do better with counsel than on your own. You may have claims for pain and suffering in addition to the actual medicals and it is very unlikely you will be adequately compensated dealing direct with insurers.

My office does handle such cases and I can set up a no charge consultation for you to assess your case. Call me at 404-768-3509.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you. Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

I agree, generally, with the previous answers and advice and write only to suggest that you consult with a different attorney/firm than the attorneys who end up representing your child and cousin; if it develops that bhe at-fault driver does not have enough coverage to fully compensate each of you, you would each need independent counsel (one lawyer attempting to represent all three of you would likely have a conflict-of-interest in trying to represent parties effectively "competing" for finite funds.