Do I need an attorney?

Asked about 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I have had mixed advice as though I could possibly settle claim on my own. I was rear-ended by a small pick up truck at a yield sign full speed. My daughter 3 was in backseat, cousin 12 was in front seat. Both been claiming of pains in which I have taken them to the doctor. Myself the driver have been having alot of back and neck pains. My dr referred me out to a chiropactor . I do not have health insurance or med pay I did have full coverage insurance. I filed claim through my insurance and my car is being repaired as we speak by my insurance . I have been having these painful headaches that I never felt ever. Should I seek counsel ? The at fault driver was ticketed for following too close behind.

1. Aaron P. Marks

4

1

Answered . If you need health care but don't have insurance I may be able to help. I
    have an extensive network of medical providers who treat my clients. These
    medical professionals treat my clients and agree to be paid once my client
    recovers in his or her lawsuit Please contact me at the number below.

Regards,

Aaron Marks
    404-939-1485
    --
    Aaron Marks, Esq.
    The Marks Law Group, LLC
    103 W. Dearborn Circle
    Decatur, GA 30030
    www.markslawgroup.com
    aaron@ markslawgroup.com
    404-939-1485 (ph)
    404-581-5902 (fx)
    >

2. Todd Robert Henningsen

Pro

4

1

Answered . From your description of the accident it sounds like this could be serious. I would definitely seek counsel regarding this matter and would advise you to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. What can sometimes seem like a modest injury can develop into something much more serious. The other driver's insurance company will look for any reason not to pay you full value for what and your family have been through. You need an experienced lawyer on your side to advise you of your rights. My firm has a great deal of experience in handling these matters and would be happy to discuss this with you further.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Yes, seek counsel. The sooner the better. Not only are you injured but children are as well. Call local and qualified attorneys. Good luck.

4. David Alan Wolf

5

Answered . The simple answer to your question is that you should seek counsel. There are a number of qualified attorneys in the Atlanta area. While a chiropractor may help alleviate some of the problems, there are limitations as to the type of care that can be provided by a chiropractor. You should seek additional therapy through the chiropractor or a therapist AND also see a specialist (neurologist or orthopedist) for follow up care. At least, set up an appointment to consult with an attorney so you understand your rights and the "Do's" and "Don'ts" as to these matters.

5. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

5

Answered . Yes. You should also seek further evaluation and treatment with an MD.

6. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

3

Answered . Most (like 99.9% of the time) times you will do better with counsel than on your own. You may have claims for pain and suffering in addition to the actual medicals and it is very unlikely you will be adequately compensated dealing direct with insurers.

My office does handle such cases and I can set up a no charge consultation for you to assess your case. Call me at 404-768-3509.

7. Robert Don Fink

3

Answered . Not to sound trite, but have you heard the expression that lawyer that represents himself has a fool for a client? There isn’t even a saying for how foolish it is to represent yourself when you aren’t a lawyer. This is because the rules of procedure and evidence are complex and even with the best case, unless you know how to apply the rules, you are at a huge disadvantage. Insurance companies know this and are not very likely to give you anything even close to a fair offer if you try to settle by yourself. Many times, injury victims have tried to do it themselves only to find that they need a lawyer… by that time a lot of damage has typically been done. So in short… get a local lawyer that has experience in personal injury lawsuits.

8. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

3

Answered . You should at least consult with a personal injury attorney before resolving your claim. Many attorneys will provide advice over the phone.

9. Phillip Charles Gilbert

3

Answered . I agree, generally, with the previous answers and advice and write only to suggest that you consult with a different attorney/firm than the attorneys who end up representing your child and cousin; if it develops that bhe at-fault driver does not have enough coverage to fully compensate each of you, you would each need independent counsel (one lawyer attempting to represent all three of you would likely have a conflict-of-interest in trying to represent parties effectively "competing" for finite funds.