Do I need an ADOPTION or IMMIGRATION Attorney for Independant (international) Adoption?

Hello, I am a US citizen and will shortly be returning to the US (Texas) to petition for the adoption of my child. The facts are : I have had full legal custody of the child since 3 years. The child will enter the US on an IR-4 visa. The country of origin (Morocco) does not admit full adoptions; he is therefore under my custody only. I have all the legal paperwork delivered in Morocco to show custody. The homestudy and all other USCIS requirements will be completed by the time I enter the US. Based on this case, will I be needing an ADOPTION or IMMIGRATION attorney to complete my petition for Adoption within the US? Thank you,

Newton, MA -

Ismail Mohammed

Ismail Mohammed

Immigration Attorney - Boston, MA

You should an immigration who also does adoption matters. I'm sure you will be able to find a number of attorneys who are able to help you with both issues, instead of going to two attorneys.

Best wishes.

Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

Adoption lawyer in the US to complete adoption, immigration lawyer if any immigration concerns.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.

Goodluck.

Related Advice