Skip to main content

Do I need an ADOPTION or IMMIGRATION Attorney for Independant (international) Adoption?

Newton, MA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas


I am a US citizen and will shortly be returning to the US (Texas) to petition for the adoption of my child.

The facts are :

I have had full legal custody of the child since 3 years.

The child will enter the US on an IR-4 visa.

The country of origin (Morocco) does not admit full adoptions; he is therefore under my custody only.

I have all the legal paperwork delivered in Morocco to show custody. The homestudy and all other USCIS requirements will be completed by the time I enter the US.

Based on this case, will I be needing an ADOPTION or IMMIGRATION attorney to complete my petition for Adoption within the US?

Thank you,

Attorney Answers 2


Adoption lawyer in the US to complete adoption, immigration lawyer if any immigration concerns.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.


Mark as helpful


You should an immigration who also does adoption matters. I'm sure you will be able to find a number of attorneys who are able to help you with both issues, instead of going to two attorneys.

Best wishes.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics