Do I need a wholesale re seller licence to export goods from US.

I live in CA, and I am intending to purchase some electronic goods in bulk and send it to India. Can anyone please tell me what my legal obligations are here. Do I need a reseller license, or an export license. What is the easiest way to do this. I thought this would be easy, but now it seems much complicated that what I thought if I try to do it the proper way. Any help or directions would be greatly appreciated. If you could provide me any websites with detail information that would be a big help. Thanks.

Saint Paul, MN -

Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

International Law Attorney - New York, NY

You are asking a complex question. This is not something that you can solve easily. You can gather some information here on Avvo but you need to hire an attorney with experience in international trade. And you also need to have a budget for this. We advice client on international business and trade. Feel free to contact my office. Best.

Peter Hills Acker

Peter Hills Acker

International Law Attorney - Roswell, GA

You are definitely going to need to speak with an attorney about this. In addition to an attorney handling international business and trade matters, you will also want to speak with a Customs Attorney (not a broker) about U.S. and Indian customs laws. Import and Export (customs) regulations for commercial purposes are far more complex than for personal use.

I recommend Damon Pike here in Atlanta: http://thepikelawfirm.com/

Pamela Koslyn

Pamela Koslyn

Business Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Are you asking about CA sales, or MN sales? Your question was posted in MN.