Do I need a wholesale re seller licence to export goods from US.

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Paul, MN

I live in CA, and I am intending to purchase some electronic goods in bulk and send it to India. Can anyone please tell me what my legal obligations are here. Do I need a reseller license, or an export license. What is the easiest way to do this. I thought this would be easy, but now it seems much complicated that what I thought if I try to do it the proper way. Any help or directions would be greatly appreciated. If you could provide me any websites with detail information that would be a big help. Thanks.

I am just trying to buy the product in bulk from the manufacturer, but they are asking me for the re seller license. And not selling to me in bulk without the license. But if I do the re seller license I have to file for EIN and Federal Employer tax id, but I am not selling the products here, so why do I need those as I do not see any need for them.

1. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

7

Answered . You are asking a complex question. This is not something that you can solve easily. You can gather some information here on Avvo but you need to hire an attorney with experience in international trade. And you also need to have a budget for this. We advice client on international business and trade. Feel free to contact my office. Best.

2. Peter Hills Acker

6

Answered . You are definitely going to need to speak with an attorney about this. In addition to an attorney handling international business and trade matters, you will also want to speak with a Customs Attorney (not a broker) about U.S. and Indian customs laws. Import and Export (customs) regulations for commercial purposes are far more complex than for personal use.

I recommend Damon Pike here in Atlanta: http://thepikelawfirm.com/

3. Pamela Koslyn

4

Answered . Are you asking about CA sales, or MN sales? Your question was posted in MN.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now