Do I need a visa stamp on my passport to come from US Virgin islands to Texas?

Austin, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I am planning to go to St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands). To come back to mainland US, do I need a stamp on my passport? (I am currently on H-1B status).

I am planing to go from Texas to Puerto Rico to US Virgin Islands, and then back to Texas. Please let me know if it is advisable to go to Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands without a visa stamp on my passport.

Thank you!

I'm assuming you are going on a vacaion cruise or flying. Being from Florida I am pretty familiar with the proceedure. At each dock or airport you will need to show your passport and that you have a valid and current visa to be in the USA. I suggest o also carry another form of photo Id such as your driver license and proof that you are currently employed by the employer that sponsored you for the visa. I also strongly suggest that if you are going on a cruise you contact the cruise line and verify with them that you will be able to leave the ship at each dock. Have a good time.

I agree with Ms. Mulder

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration