Do I need a small claims attorney?

Fort Walton Beach, FL |

I bought a used car last Thursday from a local used car dealer in FL AFTER paying to have it checked by a mechanic and being told that it was 'safe' to buy. At the time of the sale, I asked to buy a Warranty...but the dealer said he had to check the pricing since it was 'new pricing' and that I could add it the next day when he called me. So, I made the purchase at $6599.94. WITHIN 24 hours, a yellow light came on for an Emissions problem. I took it back to the dealer...and he said...'You bought it...AS IS!' They sent me back to the mechanic who said it was NOT a crisis and to drive with it. Today, my car stopped in an intersection when accelerating. I have now taken the car to a Nissan dealer who says that the computer brain is destroyed and that the engine is about to fall out. Help!

1. Most likely, you're remedy will be with a claim against the mechanic you hired who told you the car was "safe to buy" what ever that actually means. Absent some other facts, it is unlikely you will be able to hold dealer responsible for repairs.