Do I need a real estate license for this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Paxton, IL

My question is do I need a real estate license for connecting to parties. So selling contact information. For example - I see that someone is looking for a home to rent. I know someone who is renting out their home. I approach the potential buyer and explain that I know of a property that is exactly what they are looking for. I can connect them with the seller for a small fee. Since the fee is not dependent on the sale of the house I wouldn't need a license right? Also what exactly does a real estate consultant do?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . You need a license. Go to real estate school You will learn a lot, have access to more buyers and sellers, and probably be more successful that trying to play buyer-seller matchmaker.

2. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . No question, you need a real estate license. You might start your new career by reading the Illinois Real Estate License Act. It will answer this question, and many more. Good luck.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . need a real estate license

4. Jeffrey Morris Jacobson

Answered . If you pass the test, it is easy, the fee to be a real estate broker is little. You don't have to join any associations unless you want to. You have to take classes to keep your license.keep