DO I NEED A REAL ESTATE ATTY

Shirley, NY |

WE HAVE BEEN TURNED DOWN 3 TIMES FOR A LOAN MOD THROUGH OUR LENDER(CHASE BANK) WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

It can't hurt to have a consultation with a lawyer who specializes in this type of situation. The worst is that the lawyers says he/she can't help you. On the other hand, maybe a lawyer can help.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. A lender does not have to give you a loan modification, you might try either a forbearance agreement, a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy or a short sale. In short, don't bother talking with an attorney just about the modification, but rather all other legal options you have for your situation. Good luck!

3. It can't hurt but if your lender does not want to modify your loan, they are not obligated to do so. They can rightfully hold you to what you promised them. If you cannot make payments, I would consider selling the property or discussing a short sale with the Lender.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am only admitted in New York and New Jersey. Visit my site for more information: www.lawcrt.com.