Skip to main content

Do I need a Real Estate Attorney for fraud?

Bismarck, ND |

My wife and I are buying a house. We were sent to look at a "similar" house that had been completed by that builder. Our house is now finished, and the biggest problem we have is the driveway. The "similar" house had a concrete driveway to the street, but our house has a driveway made of asphalt millings ($13.50 per ton x 2 tons on driveway). We have discussed our displeasure with our real estate agent, and she has in turn discussed it with the builder's real estate agent. So far, the only concession that has been offered by the builder is to pack the millings.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


What does your contract say? "similar" may be defined. I guess, since your'e asking about retaining counsel now, that you were unrepresented when you entered into this agreement. Aside from defining "similar" the agreement may allow substitutions, at builder's discretion. These are things an attorney might have helped you strike from the agreement or more narrowly define. Retain counsel ASAP. Good luck.

I may be guessing or not licensed in your state. No atty/client relationship exists.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer