Do I need a real estate attorney

Asked about 2 years ago - Lake Saint Louis, MO

sign papers to buy home but when I saw that the survey posts my yard was gone and told it was all common ground behind the stakes and a creek. I was told by realator that my property went back another 100 feet to creek which was told was common ground, not that my whole back yard was common ground. I bought the house because of the yard I thought was mine. I am suppose to sign all the papperwork on may 22, 2012. can I get out of this? thanks

1. Bryant Keith Martin

2

Answered . If you can establish that you were misled about the extent of the property and you reasonably relied on the information, you should be able to get out of the deal. I recommend that you consult a good real estate attorney immediately (before 5/22) to see what can be done.

2. Steven J. Fromm

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Martin. If you were deceived you can get out, but you must retain a good real estate litigation attorney. Do so immediately.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , his website for more tax, estate and business articles is www.sjfpc.com. and his blog is