Skip to main content

Do I need a real estate attorney?

Evansville, IN |
Filed under: Real estate

I was in a contract sale on a home for 8 years. In 2007 the owners quit claimed the property to me. I was unaware of this until I paid my property taxes and was told that I owned the title to the property. The owners claimed this was a mistake.. So I just went ahead and signed the property back over. In 2007 I got married and wanted out of the contract. The owners wanted the house back so they let me out of contract. They drew up documents that released me.Now I find out the quit claimed it back to me last year. Stating that I payed for the home and gave me title. Now they saying I have to sign it back. I will but I want to be reimbursed for $5000 the amount I paid on the property. Do I have to sign it back.? Can I demand my money

Attorney Answers 1


he short answer is yes you need an attorney in your state. This seems like somewhat of a mess and will need some sorting out before you sign anything see an attorney.

Good Luck

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics