Do I need a police brutality lawyer?

Asked about 1 year ago - Austin, TX

While in Austin, TX for work I was wrongfully arrested by a peace officer who beat me up so badly that I was knocked out due to my head being repeatedly slammed off the pavement until I was unconscious When I came to, I asked to be brought to the hospital. The results of the CAT scan showed that I had a brain bleed and I was forced to stay the night in the hospital. They later issued a warrant for my arrest for attempting to take a weapon from a peace officer. The case was recently no billed by the grand jury after they reviewed the evidence (video, statements, etc). I now and for the foreseeable future suffer from vertigo, memory loss, , PTSD, and anxiety, not to mention financial issues, because he wrongfully attacked me. What should I do? Should I start with a police brutality lawyer?

1. Stockton Anthony Hayden Briggle

5

Answered . Yes you may have a case. These types of cases do take a specialized lawyer who understands these types of issues, and time if of the essence, so please don’t delay.

www.AustinTrialLawyers.com

2. Malosack Berjis

5

1

Answered . Yes--a civil rights attorney, who does police misconduct cases, would be a great place to start. Just don't waste time contacting one, since claims against public entities have a shortened statute of limitations (and require an administrative claim be filed first).

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . Of course. See one IMMEDIATELY. If you don't make an initial complaint within the proper time limit you may not be able to bring a suit ever. See a local civil rights attorney ASAP.

Pro

4

Answered . Yes

5. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, absolutely.