Do I need a personal injury lawyers

Asked over 2 years ago - El Paso, TX

On October 5th 2011, my children and I were involved in a head on collision. My car was totaled and it was the other drivers fault for not failure to yield the right of way. He presented proof of insurance but then found out he had none. My son and myself were taken to the hospital but since we don't have health insurance they didn't help much. By October 19th I started having seizures and have had 4 by now. I was hospitalized and have enormous bills. The results were that because of the accident I sustained damage to my temporal lobe when the airbag hit me and Because of this I also have memory loss. The guy that hit us gave us 6000.00$ for the first hospital visit on the day of the accident but since then I have been hospitalized twice and I have had loss of wages.I don't know what to d

1. Marc Sean Hurd

8

Best Answer

Answered . This is a case where you should not have to deal with this on your own, especially in light of the nature of your injuries. I'd suggest contacting a good PI lawyer in your area to assist you. Even if there are some issues with insurance coverage covering the adverse driver, there may well be a number of other ways to ensure that you get compensated for all your inuries and medical costs.

2. Coby L. Wooten

Pro

6

1

Answered . If you have uninsured motorists or personal injury protection insurance coverage then you should definitely call your insurance agent. You might also consider calling a products liability attorney to take a look at the vehicle, if the vehicle is still available. Other than that you should call an attorney to at the minimum and get some advice on what other options are available to you.
    Thanks
    Coby

3. Marc Christopher Lenahan

Pro

6

Answered . Absolutely. And the sooner, the better.

You're certainly welcome to call us and we'll work to find you an attorney in the right locale (which may not be near El Paso, depending on some other facts), that we think might be a nice fit.

Marc
    888.473.2820 toll-free

4. Randy William Ferguson

7

1

Answered . Do you have uninsured motorist on your car or cars at home? That is the first place to start. Talk to a local injury attorney about the case.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

5

Answered . Sorry about your situation. Consider the advise of the other contributors. Good luck.

6. Clay Houston Boulware

3

Answered . You should definitely contact a personal injury lawyer. Even though the other driver did not have insurance, you can still try to collect from him directly. Also, if you can get a court judgment against the other driver, you can get his license suspended. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you might be eligible for some help with medical expenses from the Texas Crime Victims Compensation Fund. An attorney can help you.

7. Carmine John Giardino

3

Answered . You can call me at (210) 599-1993 if you want to discuss your case. I need more details than what you have posted. The first consultation is free.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice. You can only become my client if you sign a contract with my law firm. I have not and will not do any legal work for you unless you become my client.

Pro

3

Answered . I hope you have UM Uninsured Motorist, thus, you can retain a lawyer to pursue a claim against your own insurance company.

Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  9. Gregg Samuel Harrison

1

Answered . You need to consult a personal injury attorney in your area ASAP! If the person that hit you is truly UNINSURED - you will have an UNINSURED claim if you held that coverage.

Pro

2