Do I need a personal injury lawyer?

Ontario, CA |
Filed under: Litigation

My son and I were rear ended a month ago. Car was totaled. Son has no injuries, I have shoulder and neck pain. Been seeing a phy.therapist. Seems like everythings going ok but wonders if I nee a lawyer for my missed wk of work my doc gave me off and pain and suffering. Other driver at fault on CHP report.

In most instances, you will do much better in your recovery with an attorney than without an attorney.

Just keep in mind that the amount of attorney's fees you are charged are fully negotiable. Although it is common practice, there is no law or rule that says you must pay an attorney by contingency fee, or a specific percentage contingency fee. Sometimes you can hire an attorney for a fixed rate, a hourly rate, or a much lower percentage contingency fee.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult with your own attorney.

After paying the percentage of attorney fees, you will still probably come out ahead using an experienced attorney.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

I agree with Attorney Doland. An attorney will be able to maximize your damages, even if you think that the insurer is willing to bend over backwards.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

Yes you need a lawyer so that you can get the compensation you are entitled to.

My law firm handles car accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at . Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.

Research has shown that cases settle for an average of 50% higher when asserted by attorneys as opposed to non-attorneys. It's a no-brainer. Get a lawyer!

Answering your question does not make me your lawyer. No attorney-client relationship is created until we enter into a written agreement signed by both you and I.

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation