Do I need a personal injury lawyer?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sumter, SC

My husband is a truck driver for a family owned company here in South Carolina and is required to leave his assigned truck at the owners property for truck repair every weekend. The exhaust has been seeping into the bed of this truck for the last 2 weeks and is steadily getting worse. His boss was notified of the problem when it was first noticed and his truck has not been fixed yet. Because of this he has been experiencing many symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning for the last week and has been very sick. Headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, agitation, drowsiness, etc. He had told his boss about his health conditions when he first noticed his symptoms but again nothing was done about it. His direct orders were business related only. Immediate hospitalization required!

1. Ryan S Montgomery

Pro

9

Answered . Yes! This could be a workers comp claim and he would get 100% of medical coverage. Contact an experienced South Carolina workers comp attorney. The consultation is usually free, at least with me it is.

Ryan Montgomery
    www.RyanMontgomeryLaw.com

2. Robert Bruce Kopelson

8

Answered . Consult a workers comp lawyer asap. You would hope that with family, they would be more concerned. Depending on your state law, there may be penalties for not providing a safe place to work. There could be laws relating to the maintenace of vehicles that are being violated.

3. David J. McCormick

7

Answered . This is a worker's comp. claim since he was injured at work. Your husband needs to report this ASAP and get the right medical care.

Pro

6

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about this. Yes, it sounds like he has a viable workers comp claim, thus, retain a workers comp attorney in your state from Avvo. Hope he gets well.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Justin Michael Lovely

4

Answered . This is a workers comp case. Hire an attorney to handle his case. Good luck!

6. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . You need to make sure your husband obtains proper medical care immediately. He should contact a workers compensation attorney as soon as possible to review filing a compensationi claim.