Do I need a medical malpractice lawyer?

Asked over 2 years ago - Bucyrus, OH

I seen my doctor for pelvic pain I was having everyday. He did testing and decided to do an ablation, because he said the only other procedure would be a hysterectomy, and he said I was to young for that. Well the ablation did not work I was still having pain everyday. I would go back to him repeatedly telling him I am still having pain everyday. There was several appointments where he told me there was nothing wrong with me and there was nothing he could do for me. Others he would say well let's just give you some antibiotics. I would return saying they didn't work, that he needed to do something because I can not go on living in pain everyday. I switched doctors was diagnosed with endometriosis post ablation syndrome and had a hysterectomy within two weeks. I have no pain now after 3yrs.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jeffrey Allan Leikin

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately while you might have been misdiagnosed you Probably do not have a claim since you have sought other treatment and been cured of your original problem. Medical negligence claims are very time consuming and expensive for lawyers to handle and you really need some permanent disability to pursue the case. Otherwise the costs of litigation may outweigh the recovery you receive. It is simply fortunate that you were able to find a physician who could take care of your pain.

  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The only way a person can find out if they have a malpractice case is to have a med mal lawyer order their medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. Make sure you retain a lawyer immediately, as there is a deadline for filing known as the statute of limitations. Good luck.

    The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

    Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755
  3. Robert Don Fink

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . You need to speak with a local lawyer familiar with medical malpractice cases. Only after a review of your records and investigation into the facts and circumstances of your case can your question be answered. However, there seems to be enough to justify an investigation. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,532 answers this week

3,344 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,532 answers this week

3,344 attorneys answering