Do i need a lawyer to sue my brother cause he didn't execute my dads will properly and is avoiding me

Asked over 2 years ago - Absecon, NJ

he is the executor

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Thomas Devlin Begley III


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Absolutely. As the old saying goes, if there's smoke, there's fire. In 22 years of handling these issues, I have almost always found that the failure of the executor to communicate with the heirs is a sign of wrongdoing. Moreover, if you wait too long, the money may be misappropriated and you may not be able to get it back. You want to hire a competent probate litigator to file an action, if necessary, to ensure that your brother accounts for his actions and to freeze any accounts to ensure they are preserved for you and any other heirs.

    This response does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. It is also not to be... more
  2. Jill T Ojserkis

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should obtain a copy of your father's Will and speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Sometimes there are time limits on filing claims - so the sooner the better. This is a matter where legal advice would be helpful.

    This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not... more
  3. Christopher Barrett Fay

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I agree with the previous attorneys who responded that an attorney consultation is highly advisable in your situation.

    Good luck,

    The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay, 1325 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19107,, (267)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,269 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,269 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering