Do i need a lawyer to sue my brother cause he didn't execute my dads will properly and is avoiding me

Asked over 2 years ago - Absecon, NJ

he is the executor

1. Thomas Devlin Begley III

Pro

7

Answered . Absolutely. As the old saying goes, if there's smoke, there's fire. In 22 years of handling these issues, I have almost always found that the failure of the executor to communicate with the heirs is a sign of wrongdoing. Moreover, if you wait too long, the money may be misappropriated and you may not be able to get it back. You want to hire a competent probate litigator to file an action, if necessary, to ensure that your brother accounts for his actions and to freeze any accounts to ensure they are preserved for you and any other heirs.

2. Jill T Ojserkis

2

Answered . You should obtain a copy of your father's Will and speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Sometimes there are time limits on filing claims - so the sooner the better. This is a matter where legal advice would be helpful.

3. Christopher Barrett Fay

Answered . I agree with the previous attorneys who responded that an attorney consultation is highly advisable in your situation.

Good luck,
    Chris