Do I need a lawyer to represent me for the arraignment in traffic court?

Pleasanton, CA |

What would be the outcome at the arraignment for failing to appearing in court and driving under suspended license?

It would really be a good idea and a great place to start. First of all, it is never a good idea to fail to appear in court. Failing to appear will most likely result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.

Also, you indicate that you were cited for driving on a suspended license which is a misdemeanor criminal offense which, if convicted, can result in you going to jail and paying a hefty fine. As such, it would be a wise choice to contact a qualifies criminal defense lawyer to properly assess your case and advise you accordingly.

I hope this was helpful and good luck

You could have a warrant issued for your arrest and be charged with an additional crime. I suggest you hire a lawyer and appear in court. Its a crime to DUI.

You do not want to fail to appear, if you do they will suspend your license and in some counties they will convict you on the citation alone. A driving on a suspended license carries two points on your CDL record. It is also a potential misdemeanor and it is a priorable offense. Do not simply pay or plead guilty, for this one you will need an attorney. Two points will stay on your record for SEVEN years. Ouch.....

If you are in need of assitance in any traffic matter please do no hesitate to call us: (415) 378-4133. Or, visit us at www.CaliforniaLegalDefense.com

Traffic tickets topics