Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer to file my delay forms of marriage?

Spartanburg, SC |

Hi, I came to us legally with fiancé visa a year ago,and got married before 90 days, but due to financial problem I still couldn't apply for greencard, what should I do? What do I need to file now?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to file for adjustment of status.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. File for adjustment of status. Some USCIS offices will require you to file an I-130 at the same time (even though they should not). It is best to hire a local practitioner to ensure you do as required with your local office.

    I am not your attorney. I am providing you an answer for general information purposes only. That information should be used as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issues. You should not rely on the information above as legal information. Finally, your question and its answers are not confidential and not subject to attorney-client privilege.

  3. You need to file for an adjustment of status. Consult with an immigration lawyer to assist you in filing.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics