Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer to file Form I-290B, notice of appeal or motion to reopen a decision in immigration case?

Roseville, CA |
Filed under: Immigration Appeals

My application for waiver of ground of inadmissibility (Form I-601) was recently denied.
The notice of decision indicates that I can file a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider
if the decision was reached in error. The notice also indicates that I am eligible to apply for a waiver of this ground of inadmissibility based upon my relationship with my spouse who is a legal permanent resident of the United States. The notice also indicates that my spouse will need to submit evidence of extreme hardship should I be denied admission to the United States.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You already have a denial, and you are wondering if you need a lawyer?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


you really should hire an attorney...the denial may have been avoided if an attorney had handled the case from the start. you also make it difficult for attorneys to appeal when they did not work on the original case because we cannot submit new information on appeal and get stuck with the poor job that was done before we were hired which makes it almost impossible to even win an appeal most times.

Please be advised this answer is for informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. You should also see a local attorney for legal advise before acting on any of the statements given to you online as there may be aspects of your case that are not obvious by the question asked online.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer