Do i need a lawyer to do a residential home closing in buffalo,ny

Asked almost 3 years ago - Buffalo, NY

hello; i have had a land contract on a residential home (since 2005) i am paying off contract and getting ready to close (i am the buyer). i have lived at said home since 2005. can i represent myself at the closing or by NYS law do i need to hire a lawyer

1. Jeffrey N Lisnow

Answered . It is best to have one.

2. Hayley R. Greenberg

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. You do not have to hire an attorney, but if something goes wrong, which is much more likely if you represent yourself, you will be saying you should have hired one. Real estate is not that simple so hire someone to represent you now.

Our firm has many years of experience in the real estate field.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.
    Hayley Greenberg
    Greenberg & Merola, LLP
    Attorneys at Law
    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700
    New York, NY 10175
    (212) 593-6111, facsimile (516) 887-1720
    (Additional offices: Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island)
    www.GreenbergMerola.com

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

Answered . You can represent yourself. The real question is should you. No. Purchasing a home is the biggest purchase/investment that you will ever make. There are lots of things that can go wrong, and they often do. I don't know what the cost of a closing attorney up in Buffalo will be but I'm sure you can find one for $1000 or less (maybe even a good one), and it will be money well spent.