Do I need a lawyer to deal with the discipline committee at my university because of a charge I didn't do actually?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

during the final exam, I carelessly put reviewing materials on the ground and the TA accused me of cheating in the exam but I didn't even looked at them at all. Thus there is no similarity between my exam paper and the reviewing materials, but our dean of student has submitted this to the discipline committee, and there will be a hearing in at the end of this month.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you are allowed to have counsel at the hearing then it might be helpful. However, often lawyers are not permitted at such hearings. At the very least you could consult with an attorney who is experienced in these hearings to become more familiar with what to expect and how to respond to questions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,290 answers this week

2,591 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,290 answers this week

2,591 attorneys answering