Do I need a lawyer regarding my condo associations request to remove my dog?

Dracut, MA |

The condo assoc. recently left me a letter stating I had 30 days to remove my dog from the property due to neighbors and other tenentst complaints. First they stated my dog was defecating on condo property, true but it gets picked up. Second my wife was voted on the board but did not know anything about this. No written warning, no vote, no chance to argue, and no one returened any of the phone calls we left. Is this legal?

1. The answer depends on the condo docs. If I were you I would contact an attorney to have them review the condo documents and write a letter to the association.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Minnesota. Responses are based solely on Minnesota law unless stated otherwise.

2. I agree with my colleague - it depends on the language of your condo docs and your state's condo law. You should speak with a local attorney for further guidance.