Do i need a lawyer or would the public defender have a chance? no prior charges or arrest.

Asked about 1 year ago - Hollywood, FL

STATUTE: 810.02-3(a)CHARGE: BURGLARY OCCUPIED DWELLING UNARMED
i'll like to know if he needs to get a lawyer or do you believe he can represent himself...the burglary charge is the most important he ran from the police at a Best Buy who said they have him on camera stealing previously, but he had not stole anything that day. So he ran jumped in a lake than went behind a woman's house and hid in her backyard beneath like an outdoor couch. The police had a dog sniff him out, threw the dog over the gate which attacked my brother's hard and he was rushed to the hospital, than to jail. I bailed him out for 10% which was 500. His court date is this Friday 5/3 at 8am. By the way i'm in Broward County, Florida. I really need to know do i need to invest in a lawyer anything to keep him out of jail

1. Larry Thomas McMillan

1

Answered . You already posted this question and I answered it.

2. Daniel Marc Berman

Answered . Yes. You need to hire an attorney for him immediately for such a serious charge as burglary.
    www.southfloridaarrests.com
    954 764-6099

3. Michael R Crosner

1

Answered . Can he represent himself - that would be the worst mistake ever. Should he retain a local criminal attorney - Yes. Should he consider the public defender - Maybe. The reason for the maybe is that while many public defender are very good attorneys often they are very busy handling many cases - however, you never know who you are being assigned, a seasoned veteran or a new member of the bar. On the other hand, you can select a seasoned & highly qualified private who attorney has time to investigate all aspects of a case; meet with the client IN PRIVATE as many times as necessary & devote as much time to the case as needed.