Do I need a lawyer or Small Claims?

Asked about 2 years ago - Woodstock, GA

I went to a Nail Salon on 8/31/12 and the technician had the eyebrow wax up too high of heat and the wax ran down into my eye causing conjuctiva burn and conjuctival imflammation. I immediately went to the dr and he prescribed eye drops and cream. I the called the nail salon to inform them and they said it was an accident and they would pay for my doctor. Well, yesterday I had to go back to the dr twice because my eye was in a lot of pain and I am having sensitivity to light and now need to get prescribed sunglasses to see, the dr also changed my medication and is also stating I need to wear sunglasses inside. I went to the nail salon today to give them the dr note and now they do not want to pay for the dr because I had to go multiple times. I am also having a lot of anxiety and emotional distress from this event. I need help!!!

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

5

Answered . There is a good chance of recovering more than just medical bills but also lost wages, pain and suffering and potential punitive damages depending on the detailed facts. It would be very beneficial for you to get a lawyer ASAP.

2. L. Ty Wilson

Pro

4

Answered . As the attorneys above state, it would be good to contact an attorney and seek answers to what damages you are entitled to recover.

Ty

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.
  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

5

Answered . You need a personal injury attorney and he or she will help you decide which court to file your lawsuit in if you have to go that far.

Good luck!

4. Sidney Weinstein

3

Answered . You will need a personal injury attorney. If I can assist, call anytime for a free consultation.

Sid Weinstein, Atlanta Accident Injury Attorney
    404-522-3108

5. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

3

Answered . Not unusal for a party to accept responsibility and then refuse to pay. You need an attorney. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to give our office a call @ 404-636-6616.

6. John Michael Phillips

3

Answered . This isn't a matter for small claims court. You have a potential personal injury case of some consequence. We had one of these locally where the woman got a staph infection. They often don't use sanitary instruments or regulate the temperature appropriately. I am happy to talk with you about the case. Check out our website at www.knowthelawyer.com, feel free to call us at 1-800-6-know-law or email us at jmp@knowthelawyer.com. What happened to you was WRONG and you need someone not only to fight for you, but prevent this happening to others.

7. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

4

Answered . Boy, do they have the nerve! Get yourself a local attorney to handle this for you. I hope for your sake that they have insurance coverage.

8. Jeffrey Nelson Powers

Pro

2

Answered . You should contact a personal injury lawyer and get help as soon as possible. This is not a case that should be filed in small claims court as it seems your damages could exceed $15,000 which is the most you could recover in that type of court. You should also see an ophthalmologist or neuro-ophthalmologist. You could have permanent cornea or light sensitivity problems, but that will have to be determined by a physician who specializes in these type injuries. In Georgia, you have two years to file a lawsuit against the negligent technician and the business who employed them.

9. John Gus Zgourides

2

Answered . Find a local personal injury lawyer. See www.lawyers.com.