Do I need a lawyer or have a case?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Baton Rouge, LA

I am a security officer and while on duty I was sitting outside on a bench when a caterpillar stung me. I contacted my job as I was supposed to and the sent me to a clinic. They ordered an alcohol test and a drug screen. I feel that this was not called for as I did not actually get hurt on the job. I feel that my privacy was invaded and I am very emotional and distraught about the matter. What can I do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . The place to start is your employment agreement. The agreement should lay out the policies and procedures which are triggered by an employee reporting an injury. Once an employee is injured, the employer must follow the policy, even if the injury doesn't seem to warrant such a response. If you're still concerned, speak with a local employment attorney.

    This does not create and attorney client relationship. As with all legal matters, you should contact an attorney... more

Related Topics

Employee rights

Employee rights in the United States include receiving legal and agreed-upon wages, working in physically safe conditions, and being free from harassment.

Employer drug test

A drug test can be a condition of hiring or of continued employment. You cannot be required to take a drug test, but you may risk your employment by refusing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,088 answers this week

3,752 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,088 answers this week

3,752 attorneys answering