Do I need a lawyer or have a case?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Baton Rouge, LA

I am a security officer and while on duty I was sitting outside on a bench when a caterpillar stung me. I contacted my job as I was supposed to and the sent me to a clinic. They ordered an alcohol test and a drug screen. I feel that this was not called for as I did not actually get hurt on the job. I feel that my privacy was invaded and I am very emotional and distraught about the matter. What can I do?

1. Answered . The place to start is your employment agreement. The agreement should lay out the policies and procedures which are triggered by an employee reporting an injury. Once an employee is injured, the employer must follow the policy, even if the injury doesn't seem to warrant such a response. If you're still concerned, speak with a local employment attorney.