Do i need a lawyer if judge ordered father of my grandchild to let her see me and also spend the night. he is refusing.

Asked about 1 year ago - Beverly Hills, FL

judge ordered in court for father of my grandchild to visit with me. She also stated she could spend the night with me. He recently changed his phone number. The grandchild's mother(my daughter) is temp. in jail but has custody.

1. Carin Manders Constantine

5

Answered . The answer depends on whether the Order was under Chapter 39 in Dependency Court or Chapter 61 in Family Court. I am currently representing grandparents who have Court Ordered Time-Sharing in a Chapter 39 case by the Dependency Judge and yes, they needed an attorney to enforce it. You need someone to look at the Order. Good luck.

2. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

3

Answered . The Judge's order will not stand on appeal. There are no grandparents rights in Florida and if the Father has an attorney he will be able to effectively stop this order, if not in the trial level court in front of the Judge that issued it, then in the appellate court. The Florida Supreme Court has made it clear, there are no grandparent rights. I'm so sorry as I know that the relationship between a grandparent and grandchild is wonderful, but, you should try your best to be nice to the Father and to do whatever you can and let him set the parameters on how/when you see your grandchild. If you push it in the court system, he will most likely push back, and, in this case, he will win because the law is absolutely clear. Best of luck to you.

3. Arica Lynn Braaten

Pro

3

Answered . I would like to know if this is dependency or family law. Speak to an attorney in your area to get clear advice.

4. William Charles Rosenfelt

3

Answered . I think that the answer might depend on whether the order is dependency or not. If it's not, I would tend to agree with Ms. Augen. This is a real interesting question. I wish that we could follow up with this one to see what happens......Good luck.